- Education Scotland
- Highland Council The Highland council education and learning website
- Enquire The Scottish advice service for additional support for learning
- Parent Zone Education Scotland’s site to help parents, providing information on the Curriculum for Excellence, exams, resources for parents and information on schools
- Supporting Numeracy at Home Education Scotland have this resource on their website which help parents support and develop their child’s numeracy skills in the home.
- My World of Work Skills Development Scotland’s website for young people to help them find out about future careers, prepare CVs, understand what qualifications are needed etc.
- I could Real-life career videos, advice and information to inspire your career
Support for Learning
- BBC bitesize this has some great exercises to help your children revise and study for exams as well as fun, interactive games for children on areas like literacy and maths
- Bookbug This is a project developed by the Scottish Book Trust to help children develop their literacy skills, there are events across Scotland in local libraries and free packs for children
- Glow This is the online community for Scottish schools, it requires a special log-in and will vary from area to area how this is used. Glow can be used at home and in school for children to complete homework, activities and communicate with their teacher
Help for Parents
- Contact a family – for families with disabled children Contact a Family is the only UK-wide charity providing advice, information and support to the parents of all disabled children – no matter what their condition or diagnosis.
- ParentLine Scotland This is a national, confidential helpline providing advice and support to anyone caring for or concerned about a child – 0800 28 22 33
- One parent families One Parent Families Scotland provides help to all lone parent families; mums, dads, young parents and kinship carers
- Parent Network Scotland provides courses to support you develop your own ability to bring up confident, happy and co-operative children
- Respect me Provides help and training on dealing with issues of bullying, including within schools.
- Scottish Parent Council Scottish Parent Teacher Council is a membership organisation and charity whose purpose is to make parental involvement in children’s education as good as it possibly can be.